October 2020 VentureLabs Facilities Update
We’ve taken a number of actions to protect the health and safety of our VentureLabs Community, and to make returning as comfortable as possible. This included a re-configuration of our capacity, physical conversion of our workspace, sanitization of shared surfaces, provisioning of supplies, and documenting of health and safety protocols that meet the guidelines of WorkSafeBC, SFU, and the Harbour Centre complex.
In accordance with recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer, we’re encouraging our member clients to continue working at home as much as possible, but to connect with the client services team should you need team members to return to SFU VentureLabs’ facilities at this time. For partners who need meeting room access, please contact our client services team and they can guide you on the process to access the facilities. In addition, the provincial authorities are clear that the virus is still with us. Let’s all remain vigilant in our safety procedures, and mindful of our physical interactions.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
- David Gregory - Government Programs for Business Support - November 5th
- Federal Government announcement on latest supports, including Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy, extension of Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy and expanded Canada Emergency Business Account - October 8, 2020
- Canada Emergency Business Account Updates - May 21st
- WD Regional Relief and Recovery Fund – May 23rd
- Small Business Rent Relief Update - May 23rd
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Retroactive applications still accepted until December 2, 2020.
- Canada's Economic Response Plan
- Canada's Work-Sharing Program
- Canada Support for Students & New Graduates
- COVID-19 Updates
- Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Business Credit Availability
- Benefits and Services
- Canada Government's Business App
- ISED Regional Development Agency (RDA)
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Helpful Links and Resources
- David Gregory's "Short Term Business Survival Strategies & Government Initiatives" (May 23rd Updates)"
- Deloitte COVID-19 Dashboard
- Kent Employment Law - Federal and BC Government Response to COVID-19: Fact Sheet for Employers and Employees (April 23)
- Clark Wilson Law Firm - FAQ for Technology & Emerging Companies (Updated April 23)
- SFU Community FAQ about COVID-19
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade Resources
- Granted Consulting’s COVID-19 Resources & Business Self Assessment Tool
- COVID Continuity Business Planning Resources
- Steve Blank's "Survival Strategy for Your Startup"
- Toolkit for Reopening Canada's Businesses
- BC Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant
- Back to Business: Resources for restarting your business in the new normal
Programs to Tackle COVID-19
- Digital Super Cluster Additional Mandate – COVID-19
- COVID Supply Hub
- Public Service & Procurement Canada (PSPC) Web Portal & Intake Form
- Industry, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)'s Call to Canadian Manufacturers to Help Fight COVID-19.
- Global Innovation Challenge – Montreal Hospital Foundation
- Global Hack
- DMZ “Hack the Curve” Challenge
Mental Health Resources
- BC Ministry of Health Handout on Stress Management
- Center for Addiction & Mental Health – Resources for Help
- Bounce Back
- BC Mental Health Support Line (310-6789, available 24 hrs)
- Here to Help
- Starling Minds
- Psychology Today: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Meditation Apps
Remote Working Information
Granted Consulting's "COVID-19 Business Resources Webinar"
Offered at multiple times per week