Effective June 23rd, VentureLabs is entering Phase 1 of Re-Entry to the offices for Business Critical On-Site Workers
We've taken a number of actions to protect the health and safety of our VentureLabs Community, and to make returning as comfortable as possible. This included a re-configuration of our capacity, physical conversion of our workspace, sanitization of shared surfaces, provisioning of supplies, and documenting of health and safety protocols that meet the guidelines of WorkSafeBC, SFU, and the Harbour Centre complex.
As we proceed with a Phase 1 Re-Entry we’re encouraging our member clients to only conduct “essential work” by “critical on-site workers” within SFU VentureLabs’ facilities at this time. While we understand the current Covid-19 health updates are encouraging, the guidance is still “work from home if at all possible’. In addition, the provincial authorities are clear that the virus is still with us, and re-occurrence of an outbreak remains a possibility before the end of the year. Let’s all remain vigilant in our safety procedures, and mindful of our physical interactions.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
- NRC Innovation Assistance Program (IAP) - Submissions closed.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Canada's Economic Response Plan
- Canada's Work-Sharing Program
- Canada Support for Students & New Graduates
- COVID-19 Updates
- Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Business Credit Availability
- Benefits and Services
- Canada Government's Business App
- ISED Regional Development Agency (RDA)
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Helpful Links and Resources
- David Gregory's "Short Term Business Survival Strategies & Government Initiatives" (May 23rd Updates)"
- Deloitte COVID-19 Dashboard
- Kent Employment Law - Federal and BC Government Response to COVID-19: Fact Sheet for Employers and Employees (April 23)
- Clark Wilson Law Firm - FAQ for Technology & Emerging Companies (Updated April 23)
- SFU Community FAQ about COVID-19
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade Resources
- Granted Consulting’s COVID-19 Resources & Business Self Assessment Tool
- COVID Continuity Business Planning Resources
- Steve Blank's "Survival Strategy for Your Startup"
Programs to Tackle COVID-19
- NRC/IRAP Pandemic Response Challenge Program
- NRC/IRAP & Innovation Solutions Canada COVID-19 Challenges Procurement Program
- Digital Super Cluster Additional Mandate – COVID-19
- COVID Supply Hub
- Public Service & Procurement Canada (PSPC) Web Portal & Intake Form
- Genome BC Rapid Response Funding Initiative
- Industry, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)'s Call to Canadian Manufacturers to Help Fight COVID-19.
- NSERC COVID-19 Challenge Alliance
- Global Innovation Challenge – Montreal Hospital Foundation
- Global Hack
- DMZ “Hack the Curve” Challenge
Mental Health Resources
- BC Ministry of Health Handout on Stress Management
- Center for Addiction & Mental Health – Resources for Help
- COVID 19 Mental Health Network
- Bounce Back
- BC Mental Health Support Line (310-6789, available 24 hrs)
- Here to Help
- Starling Minds
- Psychology Today: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Meditation Apps
Remote Working Information
Granted Consulting's "COVID-19 Business Resources Webinar"
Offered at multiple times per week