The SFU VentureLabs office is currently closed to all but essential services staff.
During this critical time, we are committed to sharing information and resources on strategies to support our entrepreneurial companies, team members, and our broader community.
As of May 6th, 2020, we are excited to start planning how to safely re-enter our facilities. We're developing the plan for how VentureLabs companies, staff, and partners can return to our 11th and 12th floor offices. There's still much to be done to be sure we can keep all of us safe.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
- NRC Innovation Assistance Program (IAP) - Submissions closed.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Canada's Economic Response Plan
- Canada's Work-Sharing Program
- Canada Support for Students & New Graduates
- COVID-19 Updates
- Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Business Credit Availability
- Benefits and Services
- Canada Government's Business App
- ISED Regional Development Agency (RDA)
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Helpful Links and Resources
- David Gregory's "Short Term Business Survival Strategies & Government Initiatives" (May 23rd Updates)"
- Deloitte COVID-19 Dashboard
- Kent Employment Law - Federal and BC Government Response to COVID-19: Fact Sheet for Employers and Employees (April 23)
- Clark Wilson Law Firm - FAQ for Technology & Emerging Companies (Updated April 23)
- SFU Community FAQ about COVID-19
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade Resources
- Granted Consulting’s COVID-19 Resources & Business Self Assessment Tool
- COVID Continuity Business Planning Resources
- Steve Blank's "Survival Strategy for Your Startup"
Programs to Tackle COVID-19
- NRC/IRAP Pandemic Response Challenge Program
- NRC/IRAP & Innovation Solutions Canada COVID-19 Challenges Procurement Program
- Digital Super Cluster Additional Mandate – COVID-19
- COVID Supply Hub
- Public Service & Procurement Canada (PSPC) Web Portal & Intake Form
- Genome BC Rapid Response Funding Initiative
- Industry, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)'s Call to Canadian Manufacturers to Help Fight COVID-19.
- NSERC COVID-19 Challenge Alliance
- Global Innovation Challenge – Montreal Hospital Foundation
- Global Hack
- DMZ “Hack the Curve” Challenge
Mental Health Resources
- BC Ministry of Health Handout on Stress Management
- Center for Addiction & Mental Health – Resources for Help
- COVID 19 Mental Health Network
- Bounce Back
- BC Mental Health Support Line (310-6789, available 24 hrs)
- Here to Help
- Starling Minds
- Psychology Today: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Meditation Apps
Remote Working Information
Granted Consulting's "COVID-19 Business Resources Webinar"
Offered at multiple times per week