Date of Job Posting
September 25, 2020
4 months ago
SFU VentureLabs Vancouver, British Columbia
SFU VentureLabs is one of Canada’s leading technology accelerators, helping science and technology-based new ventures turn ideas into profitable, sustainable businesses, supporting them with programs and services. We connect entrepreneurs with experienced mentors and a network of resources focused on tackling the unique challenges and complexities faced by technology innovators. We are also the BC Hub of the Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub (WEKH), a federal initiative that shares research and resources on women entrepreneurs in Canada.
We have one, part time, contract position available for a WEKH Coordinator. The WEKH Coordinator is expected to support VentureLabs in its contributions to the WEKH and increase capacity for equality, inclusion, and diversity initiatives within VentureLabs as an organization, and the companies it supports as an accelerator.
The position requires the individual to manage a variable workload and feel comfortable multitasking and working with a diverse variety of internal and external stakeholders. The WEKH Coordinator must be detail oriented and enjoy working remotely and in a fast-paced start-up accelerator environment. Must demonstrate strong research experience, communications experience, mentorship experience, and interpersonal skills.
- Work with VentureLabs leadership to set priorities and resources.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with and between WEKH stakeholders to maximize capacity of the WEKH network in BC.
- Work with WEKH stakeholders to understand the extent of resources available for women entrepreneurs in BC and beyond.
- Oversee the development of a database of resources, programs and opportunities for women entrepreneurs appropriate for inclusion in the national WEKH framework, with appropriate and functional categorization and a protocol for ongoing upkeep and utility.
- Manage internship or coop students working on WEKH projects
- Work with partner organizations to develop events, research, or exchanges that are mutually reinforcing and beneficial.
- Tasks related to process and outcome evaluations of VentureLabs initiatives related to supporting women entrepreneurship and Diversity and Inclusion more broadly.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of professional research experience covering quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- 5+ years of management experience with junior and intermediate level staff
- 5+ years of project fiscal responsibility
- Degree in research focused social science subject area
- Experience working with a variety of for profit, not for profit, and government organizations. Proven stakeholder engagement capabilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills. Experience with digital communications (e.g., newsletters, blog content) a plus.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to schedule and manage multiple events concurrently, including the ability to coordinate multiple facets of an event simultaneously.
- Ability to research, analyze and compile data to support strategic decision making.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to collect and analyze participant information utilizing surveys and appropriate metrics.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, sensitivity, and tact.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of office software applications (e.g., word processing, database, and web-based, and spreadsheet applications).
- Ability to work flexible hours (including early mornings, evenings, weekends).
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations and event venues.
Assignment End Date: March 31, 2021
Please complete the form below. Thanks!