Building a Financial Roadmap that Optimizes Capital Efficiency
How You Align Valuation Growth and Fundraising
A successful tech startup has to raise capital through many rounds and sources over a period of many years. Typically a tech venture needs at least four rounds of financing before exit. This session explores the mix of financial planning and market execution milestones that lead to successful navigation of this journey to exit.
Every entrepreneur that raises capital is often faced with a simple series of questions: how much are you raising? What will you use those funds for? When will you need more capital? How much will you increase valuation before that next round?
Like a product roadmap shows us how the product evolves with feature additions over time, a financial roadmap shows how key growth milestones contribute to valuation growth while triggering capital raises.
Understanding this process will help an entrepreneur to better understand the investor perspective and better position their startup before each capital raise.
Why You Should Attend:
- Entrepreneurs need to have a vision for their financial journey
- Many entrepreneur see capital as necessary evil but don’t understand how to weave it into their planning
- Pitching for capital will be easier and more successful if you can communicate the milestones that will lead you through each phase of your company’s development
What You Will Leave With:
- Learn what typical milestones result in increases in valuation
- Understand the steps to take to build a financial roadmap
- Ideas to build value that don’t involve technology
- A list of key metrics to track
ABOUT GARIBALDI CAPITAL ADVISORS
Garibaldi is Canada’s leading investment bank for mid-market technology companies. We help Canadian technology companies with key financial transaction milestones, such as raising growth capital or selling their company, through its Capital Advisory services. By leveraging access to key investors or acquirers, technology industry sector knowledge, and financial insights, Garibaldi is able to maximize valuation for its clients. By understanding the needs of technology entrepreneurs, Garibaldi creates a better experience for entrepreneurs completing these complex transactions.