Customer Discovery and Re-discovery Webinar
Join us for an interactive webinar providing tips, best practices, and processes for customer discovery and re-discovery in an era of rapidly-changing markets.
Guest speakers include Lesley Duncan, EIR & WEKH Co-ordinator at SFU VentureLabs, senior executives from Riipen and Intelligent Haptronic Solutions, and an introduction to the Customer Discovery Canvas by Adam Lorant from the Evidology Group.
In this webinar you’ll learn how to:
- Re-engage with customers and prospects
- Write actionable questions that don’t alienate
- Catalogue and track feedback from customers
- Practice best practices for phone calls and video conferences
- Use survey tools like SurveyMonkey, the poll function in Zoom, and other webinar tools
- Build relationships and avoid common customer discovery mistakes
- Bonus closing content — top three tips to optimize your website for customer interaction
And the webinar includes a short, optional pre-webinar assignment that can be emailed by your mentor. Companies may schedule a follow-up session with a mentor to work on the Customer Discovery Canvas, their company messaging, and the discovery process.
Partners producing this program include:
- SFU VentureLabs
- SFU’s Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection
- Accelerate Okanagan Technology Association
- New Ventures BC
- The webinar includes a short, optional pre-webinar assignment that will be emailed by mentors
- Companies may schedule a follow-up session with a mentor to work on the Customer Discovery Canvas, their company messaging, and discovery process
Dave Thomas is a Senior Partner with Rocket Builders. He is an executive, business consultant, and advisor for a number of technology companies and manages the Rocket Builders ‘Market Readiness Program’. Recent positions and projects include Mentor in Residence at Simon Fraser University Venture Connection and a guest lecturer at the New Ventures BC program. He was the General Manager of the Canadian Financing Forum, matching North American Corporate and VC investors with serious entrepreneurs looking to build world-class technology companies from 2003 to 2010.
EIR & WEKH Co-ordinator, SFU VentureLabs
Lesley is the coordinator for the Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub at SFU VentureLabs and is an Entrepreneur in Residence. She’s been the Chief Scientific Officer (and co-founder) of a text-analytics company and worked extensively on the supply-side, conducting quantitative and qualitative research projects for NRG Research Group (now Leger). She holds a PhD in Social Psychology, launched her own consulting company, and maintains close academic contacts to stay on top of cutting-edge research.