BC Tech Sector – Free Trade Agreements & BC’s Venture Capital Tax Credit Program
Join New Ventures BC and the Government of BC for a webinar on opportunities in Free Trade Agreements and BC’s Venture Capital Tax Credit.
What will I learn?
Are you wondering how to reduce your costs when selling in Canada or abroad? Are you a start-up or small business looking to raise capital? In this practical and interactive virtual info-session, the B.C. government will cover what’s there for you in domestic and international free trade agreements and how to access B.C.’s Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit program.
Topics we will cover:
- What are free trade agreements and how they work for the tech sector
- What free trade agreements Canada has in place and what are the recent developments
- How to make the best use of free trade agreements
- What types of businesses are eligible for the tax credit program
- What are the registration criteria and how to apply for registration
- How much equity a company can raise and the amount of tax credit an investor can receive
- Who is eligible to get a tax credit for their investment