Pitch Masterclass Intensive: Beyond the Basics (virtual)
This two-part Masterclass includes both instructional ‘class time’ and an opportunity to workshop and get feedback on your pitch story.
We will cover :
- Our ‘Start With Why’ pitch building methodology.
- How to design a compelling and persuasive pitch narrative that ties together the ‘must-haves’ with your story and your ask.
- Top tips to deliver your pitch with confidence.
What to expect in this small-group intensive:
- Classroom-style instruction/Q&A (90-minutes). We will make use of case studies, examples, and insights from hosting 90+ pitch events to teach the how to’s of tying key elements of your pitch together to build a compelling narrative that incites action. We’ll cover our ‘start with why’ methodology, as well as pitch storytelling and delivery tactics.
- Workshop your pitch story (including live peer and instructor feedback) (60 mins). This time will allow you to put into practice what you have learned. Our goal is to ensure you walk away with a pitch narrative that you feel confident presenting.
The tactics and activities we’ll work through have been designed from our team knowledge and expertise working with startups and investors from across the globe.
You will also receive our Pitch Building Toolkit ($200 value):
- Beyond the Basics Workbook and a recording of your masterclass (workshop portion not included, for privacy reasons).
- Alumni discount (20%) for continued pitch and presentation coaching.
- Pitch Masterclass: The Foundations (e-course content that walks you through the foundations of building your pitch).
Who is this for:
- Startup founders and team members who want to build confidence and learn how to design and deliver a compelling pitch narrative.
- Pitchers who are feeling stuck or unsure about their pitch story and how to tie their story into the rest of their pitch.
This content is great if you are building your 3 to 10 minute pitch. While our methodology is built with the investor pitch in mind, you do not have to be pitching for investor funds for this content to be applicable. We do ask that you think through what you are asking for though: mentors, networks, or money.
Who this is not for:
- If you are wanting to develop and test your sales pitch (we are developing a program for that or you can check out The Sales Hat Series).
- If you do not want an interactive, hands-on experience (coming soon, we will have e-course content for you to learn at your own pace).
About your Instructor
Melanie Ewan is one of the Managing Partners and Co-Founders of Volition, an award-winning startup advisory firm, as well as an international speaker and freelance writer. Melanie and Business Partner, Paul Brassard, have together organized over 80 pitch events over the past four years in five different countries.
Melanie Ewan has adapted her expertise in the science and art of storytelling and pitch design to deliver high-value content that will provide you an unique perspective on how to storyboard your investor pitch to build a compelling narrative that evokes action.
“I did a pitch coaching session with Melanie and walked away with much more clarity and confidence about how to build a pitch that’ll actually get people interested. I couldn’t believe that in such a short amount of time, I was able to understand so many puzzle pieces I had been missing before. She knows what she’s talking about and explains the ideas clearly..” – Josee Perron, Pitch Coaching Client
“I had a 1-1 virtual call with Melanie and it was without a doubt THE most valuable hour of my year to date! Some of the things she helped me clarify were the why’s and how’s of reframing my thinking around my business and services when selling to clients, recreating a more powerful elevator pitch, and she also gave me a fantastic idea for something I have been stalled at for months! The only thing I’m regretting is not knowing about Melanie and Volition sooner! ” – Laura Murray, Pitch Coaching Client
What the Community is Saying About our Pitch Masterclass
“Melanie’s pitch masterclass was amazing, full of insights and ideas to use in my communication strategy and improve my speech. She is a great professional and knows a lot about this. Totally recommend it!!”
“The content was very complete, and very well explained. It helped me as a guidance of the way I should start focusing my project.”
“I really enjoyed your masterclass! Thank you, your presentation was very engaging and packed with great insight.”
“I need to generate passionate believers and supporters. I can see more clearly now how to create the ‘right’ pitch, and pull that off.”
“I will mirror what other were saying, it was really really good. I’ve done the pitch workshop thing a couple of times and this one was really effective.”
Is this Masterclass for investor pitches only?
While the content has an investor pitch lens, only about a third of attendees actually intend to raise, while others are wanting to learn how to ask for other things – access to networks, mentors, funding from government etc.
In the first half of the class we work through thinking about your end goal, and how to develop a story from this. The second part of the class will cover more investor pitch ‘buckets’, though all of these pieces you should know and be able to speak to in your business. I will also talk about top mistakes I see from pitchers and have some time for q&a.
Where is this class held?
This Masterclass will be held online on zoom. A few days before the class we will send you the login information and other relevant details.
Do I need to prepare anything in advance?
We will send you some questions and a pitch form to fill out in advance. We also suggest that you prep any questions that you have, so that you can make the most of your time.
There will be interactive elements of the class, so we suggest that you have your mic and video on.
Pitch Masterclass Intensive: Beyond the Basics (virtual)
August 12, 2020 @ 4:00 am - 6:30 am