PR for Startups
Has your startup company ever sent out a news release and wondered why the Wall Street Journal didn’t write about your company? You are not alone.
Join SFU VentureLabs guest speaker Monica McMahen from NATIONAL PR for a Public Relations crash course for startups.
In this session we’ll cover:
– What is PR?
– How does it fit with your overall marketing strategy?
– Realistic expectations
TANGIBLE THINGS A STARTUP CAN DO
– Contribute articles to publications
– Participate in speaking opportunities
– Engaging with thought leaders and publications online
– How and when to work with an agency
– Identifying what is “newsworthy”
– Pitching to media
– What a news release is and how to make them effectively
Register to save your seat!
To discover upcoming webinars for startups, visit www.venturelabs.ca/events.